Make sure you look closely at :
- user agreements, terms and conditions or disclaimers
- check whether there are any security, privacy or cookie policies or third party information sharing
- see our pages on laptops and computers and on phones and tablets for ways to manage the security of your devices
- setting up a secure password.
- Only provide as much information as an app or website requires you to (usually indicated with a red asterisk, *) and consider using an email account as your contact that does not use your name. For example use SomethingGeneric@email.com, but not YourRealName@email.com.
- Check options to hide your location, and consider whether you will be able to hide your information from the provider or from other users.
- Where appropriate, check your account and settings (usually located under a wheel symbol) to ensure that you’re not sharing anything you wish to keep private.